Sunday, October 4, 2009

Zone Alarm & Spybot causing my CPU to run at 100%???

Have downloaded various Antivirus/spy/firewall programs have have ditched Norton. Have run a very lengthy scan using AVAST (over 4 hrs!!!!)and have detected a couple of Trojans already.



Do I still have a problem??



Checking Windows task Manager informs me that my CPU is at 100% .....that cant be right can it??



The culprits seem to be zonealarm..(zlcliener.exe and vsmon.exe) using a good 90% on their own. When I tried to run spybot, this wantes to use 98% on its own and everything virtually stopped!!!



I also had a problem when I held the Ctrl key down to open up a web page. This seemed to teel my PC to open up all sorts of programs. i am running Windows defender at the moment to see if there is anything else making my pc suffer....it doesnt seem very well at the moment



Zone Alarm %26 Spybot causing my CPU to run at 100%???anti virus



The owner of Spybot Search %26 Destroy is a friend of mine out of Germany. The entire program was built at their university with student help. Friend or no friend, I don't use the program, because it is very poor in my opinion, as it usually only finds cookies and "DOA". Plus when I tested his program my CPU ran at 100%. It is a real hog on resources.



I have used http://www.avast.com for atleast nine years an I never had one virus in my system. Plus it is very low on resources.



I also use http://www.alarm.com for many years an likewise is very low on resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment