Thursday, October 22, 2009

Not sure what else to do? Do I have a virus?

I'm not sure what is going on exactly, so I need your help.



For some reason when I try to reply to an email through my yahoo account, I get an error-999 message. I also got the same error message when I tried answering a question earlier here on Answers.



Now, this happened to me last Monday also. I followed the links, ran a scan on my computer, and found that I had a few Dialler type viruses? I found out how to manually remove them from my system and did so. Then everything was back to working like usual. Now, I have run into the same problem yet again and nothing is working as of yet.



I ran the scan through yahoo, nothing. I even looked through some of the previous entries here and am currently doing a avast scan on the desktop.



Any ideas or advice?



Not sure what else to do? Do I have a virus?abtuvurys 2005



don't think its a virus. see here



http://www.murraymoffatt.com/software-pr...



Not sure what else to do? Do I have a virus?antivirus programs



It's most likely not a virus or other malware causing this problem. Yahoo tracks your IP as you use their services. If you exceed a certain amount of bandwidth in a particular session, then you can get error-999, especially if you use their automated services. Try doing more things manually. It could help. You usually have to wait 2 to 24 hours to logon again.



More info and suggested work-arounds can be found at the link provided in the answer above mine.
Error-999? God is 7, the Devil is 6, and man is 5. 9 is two above God, and there are three of them, so your problem is 3(God+2).



That's either a really good thing or a really bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment