Thursday, October 8, 2009

Should I keep, or get rid of? and anti-spyware?

I have:



Avast!



Adaware



Kaspersky Internet Security (it has the anti-virus scanner in this right?)



I heard you should only have one scanner, which to keep/get rid of?



and what anti-spyware is best? freeware or not...



Spyware doctor f'ed up my last comp, so NOT that.



Should I keep, or get rid of? and anti-spyware?agv



Well i suggest that you keep Kasperky it has a very high detection rate.



For anti-spyware i suggest that you get.



SUPERanti-spyware



it is free



Should I keep, or get rid of? and anti-spyware?antivirus software



OK. A quick search reveals that Kaspersky Internet Security is an Anti-Virus and an Anti-Malware.



Yes, it is typically not a good idea to have more than one antivirus. You should never have more than one firewall. As for adware removal, I wouldn't recommend it, but you can.



I suggest removing Avast!. You can keep Adaware if you think Kaspersky's anti-malware is missing something Adaware might get (which this is common from one anti-malware to another). Keep Kaspersky.



As for the best anti-spyware, I like Adaware, and I supplement it with HiJackThis. In my experience, heavily advertised anti-spyware programs are the worst, such as Spyware doctor.
Try Online scanner GarbageClean http://www.GarbageClean.com it does pretty good cleaning.
Keep Avast and add AVG. That is what I have, and happy about it.
This is the combination of freewares that have being using for a long time without any complaints, i even try others Anti virus softwares to see if i was completely covered and the result was a clean computer. You should also realize that not only viruses or malware can harm your computer, old unused registries and obsolete files can make it crash to.

No comments:

Post a Comment