Thursday, October 22, 2009

How can you tell if some website you visited messed up your pc?

ok, being honest here so please stay focused on the question and not be condemming toward me. i know it was wrong. thanks.



I have a gateway with windows 2000 pro and it had been doing ok but yesterday I slipped and viewed some sites I shouldn't have and now the pc won't let me into the add/remove programs feature. I have Avast antivirus running all the time. it is supposed to catch bad stuff I guess. I am running a system scan right now with it but so far nothing.



How can you tell if some website you visited messed up your pc?antivirus download



Would you believe I had the same problem on Sunday.Put me out of business for 4days.I contacted windows who said it was an ISP problem.They said it was a Windows fault.Tried all I knew.Nothing worked.Frustrated I reinstalled the OS cd.As soon as the windows flag came up I hit restart.I kept this up until I got a Start from CD hit any key.



The beauty of this is your OS will load and eliminate everything in the computer.In fact you'll virtually have a new computer.Unfortunatey you lose all your data.You'll have no Avast,Worked for me



How can you tell if some website you visited messed up your pc?bmw



try going for anti-virus protection or p-cillin, it tells you what type of bugs you have on your computer and gets rid of it
if you had mcAfee you could do a trace on your computer that would say if the web site you were on had a virus or not but with avast I am not so sure. Good luck anyway
I got bad news for you. My ex did that on my brand new computer, and he caused it to pick up a virus that corrupted the hard drive and ruined the computer. I had to have a new hard drive put in the computer. Moral of the story, stay out of those places.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment