Thursday, October 8, 2009

Computer Freezing?

Hi Peeps, hope you can help, my computer keeps freezing, think it may be a problem with startup. I can use the computer for a while sometimes an hour or more sometimes for just 5 mins before it completely freezes, then I have to switch it off and on again. I have deleted temp internet files and have Avast running. I have noticed that it is much worse if i have more than one program running and is not limited to using the internet. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I'm not a techie so instructions please, many thanks in advance! x



Computer Freezing?



Most people in this situation would go out and buy a new computer. What I would do is store off all of my data files, take an inventory of all my applications and re-format my hard-drive and re-install Windows from scratch. Also known as a fresh install. Most techies do this every 12-18 months, about the same time most non-techies go out and buy a new computer because their old one "got slow and locked up all the time". Blame it on spy-ware and viruses. If you don't have SPYBOT loaded, you could try that also.



Computer Freezing?antivirus downloads



Have you tried disc clean and defragging. Is it a pc or mac. If mac cannot defrag or disc clean



If pc sounds like you will have to reinstall
look am not sure if this works with u but some times maybe ur fan stopped working or maybe u have a problem in ur RAM,

No comments:

Post a Comment