Monday, October 19, 2009

Cross over cable networking problem?

I'm trying to network 2 pc's both running XP Pro sp2. I have assigned IP addresses to both pc's as follows:-



pc1 :- 192.168.0.1 pc2 : 192.168.0.2



Subnet :- 255.255.255.0



I have named the workgroup :- MSHOME



I ve shared folders on both PC's I can see the work group from both PC's but on "pc1" i see "pc1" in workgroup



and on "pc2" i see empty workgroup. I have disabled Windows firewall from pc 1 and pc2 and also avast antivirus from both.



I can ping pc1 from pc2 and vice versa but in some websites they say i should get five ping replies but i am getting only three here.



File sharing is enabled on both the computers. I thing i need to mention it here that i have cable net but i dont use both the computers simultaneously most of the time. When i try to connect them, i unplug the cable net wire from the router and plugin both the pcs then i try to connect them using the ips etc. I tried the right click drive then sharing then enable sharing thing but it didnt help me



Cross over cable networking problem?matchless



go for reinstallation of windows. you have some services problem.



Cross over cable networking problem?norton 2008



I'd forget about the workgroup and try connecting by direct ip. In the explorer window on pc1 type //192.168.0.2 or //192.168.0.2/c$ it should connect. If not, make sure window firewall is disabled.

No comments:

Post a Comment