Thursday, October 22, 2009

Computer keeps freezing when logging into safe mode (trying to get rid of spyware)?

Every time i try to login after booting in safe mode (want to run Smitfraud Fix), I go to Administration, click it, and it says "Loading Your Personal Settings" and sits there for almost an hour.



I'm trying to run Smitfraud Fix in safe mode so (hopefully) i can get all the spyware off my computer, but so far I've only run it in Normal mode. The "There are malicious programs on your computer" popup near the corner of my desktop have stopped (think they were from the OS warning me, but who knows), but I still want to be 100% sure that I got everything off. I also have McAfee, Avast, and Spybot installed, and they say the computer's clean.



Basically, I just want to figure out why my computer freezes up when logging into Safe Mode.



Computer keeps freezing when logging into safe mode (trying to get rid of spyware)?antivirus programs



To make sure you have got the lot - download and run this excellent anti spyware program. It will find the beasts that others miss.:



http://www.superantispyware.com/



wdw



Computer keeps freezing when logging into safe mode (trying to get rid of spyware)?computer protection



try using the event viewer



How To Use the Event Viewer Applet



http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t...

No comments:

Post a Comment