Monday, October 19, 2009

Why does winlogon.exe slow down my computer at random times?

Occassionally, out of no where, winlogon.exe absorbs all my system resources and I have to shut down my computer and restart. I have the latest version of Avast! Antivirus, so I don't think it's a virus. What's up with winlogon.exe? I'm getting tired of this dumb thing.



Why does winlogon.exe slow down my computer at random times?microsoft office



winlogon.exe is a legitimate process, but it can be used by various spyware programs. format will help you, but in case you don't want to format your computer, check if your winlogon.exe is infected or not:



http://www.2-spyware.com/file-winlogon-e...



Why does winlogon.exe slow down my computer at random times?norton antivirus



It's a vital Windows process, and it shouldn't be using up all of your system resources. Try reformatting.
windowslogon deals with logging in and out obviously as well as checking windows activation codes, if it's not located in the c:\windows\system32 directory it is most likely spyware which may be why it causes your computer to slow down. Do a search for it
It's not a virus, it's Windows, and Windows will do that. Its system processes drive me crazy; there's nothing you can do to get rid of it save buying a Mac.

No comments:

Post a Comment