Thursday, October 22, 2009

I accidently deleted 3 system files with my virus scanner?

I was using Avast, 2 of the files were used for restore points so now I can't restore to an earlier time. My computer is running really, really slow. Can I undo the delete?



I accidently deleted 3 system files with my virus scanner?antivirus software



If indeed you deleted the files the last thing you want is to Restore them. If they are Restore points that only means the virus has been on your machine for a while.



Download Spybot (free), Install it and Run it.



In Spybot, Mode, Advanced, Tools, System Startup, Uncheck items you don't what or need running. If you are unsure clicking on suspect items will provide some info on what the file is. Removing some of the items may cause Applications or windows features not to work, so check out what you've done after disabling and don't remove too many items at once.



Download Adaware (free), Install it and Run it



Click Start, Run, type %temp%, delete all of the files/folders it displays.



Open IE, Tools, Internet Options, Delete Cookies, Delete Files (check Offline as well)



Good Luck



I accidently deleted 3 system files with my virus scanner?computer virus



It may be that you haven't deleted them from your computer. Go to a command prompt and type:



sfc /scannow
Well hopefully they were just Quarantined. Look for the quarintine section and Restore the 2 files. But it sounds like you got some virus issues if you are movin real slow. A restore point file wouldnt slow your computer down.



Go to http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/You_Must_...



and start with step 1. You already have a AntiVirus so skip that part

No comments:

Post a Comment