Thursday, October 8, 2009

Broadband internet slow on vista- was fast?

I have 5mb internet from charter. My internet was running fine, now it seems to take a long time like dialup. It sits there saying waiting then will eventually load the page. I can download files once they finially connect to and load the server. I reset explorer settings, downloaded firefox, temp turned off firewall, tried tweaking internet settings with mz vista force, reinstalled adapter driver, and tried new ethernet cord. Running on a network with laptop with xp. the laptop runs regular on the internet. Unplugged the modem and router. Changed router slot for enet cable. The network works fine, can share and access files. If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it. I have searched on the internet and have not found anything that seems to work. I have scanned for virus and spyware finding nothing. I dont run any third party application that i would think could harm me. Steam xfire avast and spybot. AMD 3800 X2, 4GB DDR 400, GEFORCE 7600GT, 500GB MATOR. Thank you!



Broadband internet slow on vista- was fast?norton 360



If your terms are accurate, then DDR400 is very slow and will cause the pages to load really slow. Should be running at least DDR 4200 or faster. Make sure you have disk caching set to the managed by windows. Do a disk cleanup to clear out the cache and other junk files. If that is all done and still slow, I would wonder about the network card and/or cable quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment