Monday, October 19, 2009

Internet wont stay connected - Using Both Wireless and Wired?

I have a router and operate a game server and a internet radio station from my home - both stay connected just fine, but my laptop drops connection to the game every 2 minutes. I have rebooted the modem - checked the settings and have no trouble surfing the net - but the game wont stay connected.Setup is: Cable Modem --%26gt; Belkin Wireless Router --%26gt;Game Server(1), Radio Server(2), Laptop(3), VoiP Router(4). Run Avast Anti-Virus but it doesnt matter if its on or not - same problem. Problem is only with the laptop - the other computers have no trouble staying connected to the game server. Also - i do not have a problem using the laptop to connect to the game server from any other location including wireless hotspots across town. Any ideas as to what can cuase this?



Internet wont stay connected - Using Both Wireless and Wired?house call



I had a problem with my cable modem dropping connection. I had the cable company replace my modem at least six times until one day they finally came over and inspected the outside line. They discovered small cracks that let condensation build up in it. Since they replaced the line I haven't had any problems. So you might wan to give them a call and explain the problem and suggest that they inspect the main line.



Internet wont stay connected - Using Both Wireless and Wired?matchless



call the geek squad.

No comments:

Post a Comment