Thursday, October 8, 2009

My desktop has gone blank. if i right click on the desktop , no menu appear.The taskbar has also dis

i have xp on my pc.Recently all my desktop icons and taskbar got disappeared.Now , there is no icon , no quicklaunch .no taskbar.My desktop is blank now.Iam opening all my files with the help of "TASK MANAGER".i have scanned my system using AVAST 4.7 home edition and i have moved all the viruses.pls help me.



My desktop has gone blank. if i right click on the desktop , no menu appear.The taskbar has also disappeared?antispyware



To me it sounds like a virus infection.



My desktop has gone blank. if i right click on the desktop , no menu appear.The taskbar has also disappeared?best antivirus software



Right click on the desktop and make sure show desktop icons is ticked. Did that solve it?
sounds like you don't have "explorer.exe" running. This is odd! I'm sure you are very used to taskmanager by now so start a new task with explorer.exe and that should get you with the interface desired.



Notice that explorer.exe is not internet explorer.



Explorer.exe always loads when windows boots so either you personally made changes to force it not to load or you had an experience, that may still be present, with some poorly written software or some malware (virus or something). If it doesn't boot with the computer I do recommend that you perform a restoration proceedure of your choice that will restore your registry to its previous values since it is probably corrupt.



See the discussion about someone in your shoes here:



http://www.trap17.com/index.php/desktop-...
hav you installed any themes and maybe you did not remove it properly
Try and use system restore to a previous time when your pc wasnt messed up

No comments:

Post a Comment