Thursday, October 22, 2009

Portal keeps crashing?

The Valve game Portal for PC keeps crashing on my Dell inspiron 6000 laptop. I have updated what I believe all my drivers. I can start the first level of the game but when the first portal is created I have about 20-40 seconds to move inside the cell thing. And when I step through the portal I get a frozen game with an "HL2.exe has experienced an error." I do not have any of the Antivirus software that affects the game ( to my knowledge(Avast! Antivirus home)). What is wrong?



Portal keeps crashing?suzuki



Do you have at least 1GB of Ram, and a 128MB or better graphics card?



If so, then I'm not sure, but if not, you probably need more graphics processing power.



One idea:



Try loading the game, and steam, only. Close all anti virus, anti spyware, etc, etc, etc, everything else, and see if it works... if it does, try again, turning one program on at a time, until it crashes, and then u might know which program is interfering.

No comments:

Post a Comment