Sunday, October 4, 2009

Why doesn't my laptop boot up first time....?

Every time i switch on my laptop all i get is my 'wallpaper' up on the screen..My icons and Task bar does not appear...I have to switch off my laptop,which goes into hiberation mode,then switch it back on and the problem is fixed.....i have no virus and no spyware...i use Avast anti virus and use antispy(spybot,adaware and a squared)....it only started recently when i downloaded and installed zonealarm firewall(free version)....apart from that my laptop works fine....any ideas on fixing the problem...



Thanks for your help in advance



Why doesn't my laptop boot up first time....?cafe racer



I would re-examine Add-Remove Programs, google any program you aren't sure about.



Do a disk cleanup, defrag and restart.



If that doesn't resolve



You may want to go into bios, try starting in safe-mode.



Shutdown and restart.



Why doesn't my laptop boot up first time....?free anti virus



You should be connected to the Internet by dial up or wireless Internet connection for the first time. Your laptop should come with free limited connection at least for a certain amount of time. When connected see if you have a firewall. If so that might be the problem right there. Remove firewall. You can put it back later.



Well...at least that's what I did with the laptop I'm on now. Hope this helps!



Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment