Sunday, October 4, 2009

Regarding antivirus?

I have installed Avast 4.7 in my home PC. I have scanned my pendrive with that, it showed no virus but when i wanted to use that pendrive in my Office's computer, which has Officescan, it detected some Outorun virus. What is the problem?? Do i need some other antivirus? is yes, which one is better?



Regarding antivirus?network security



You can't expect different anti virus will give same results. Every anti virus application has own plus and minus. So may be Avast can't detect and Officescan can detect. I have 2 computers and have 2 different anti virus : ZoneAlarm and Avira. So sometimes these 2 give different result when I check the files in 2 different computer and normally I will do this for safety. The 2 different anti virus application will eliminate each other weakness



Regarding antivirus?norton internet security



NO anti-virus can ever be relied upon to give 100% protection. None of them do, free or paid. Most only detect about 90 to 95% of all KNOWN viruses. When a brand new virus is released, NO signature-based anti-virus will detect it for several hours up to several weeks. Some will never detect a particular virus. And over 1200 new variants of viruses and other malware are created by the "black-hats" each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment