Sunday, October 4, 2009

Computer Protection Question.?

I have iolo system mechanic and mcafee security center installed on my computer and i uninstalled norton antivirus long ago and on system mechanic it says "Norton Internet Worm Protection is installed, but may not be active or running"



and after i uninstalled avast antivirus, it said that i didnt have any virus protection.



I thought that McAfee was supposed to take care of that?



Mcafee Security Center does have its own firewall and virus protection but still when i log on aol and system mechanic, they both say that there is no protection found.



Should i just ignore it? Or there some kind of error on my computer?



and since my computer supposedly says that it isnt protected from hackers and identity theives. I changed the setting in McAfee's Firewall to be in stealth, which completely hides my computer's presence in the internet and blocks all inbound connections.



Am i possibly protected then?



Computer Protection Question.?network



I'm not familiar with the inner workings of iolo or McAfee security center, but I can provide you with a couple of pointers.



I'm not sure whether iolo will support monitoring for security products other than its own. The most important thing is to make sure that Mcafee security center tells you that your system is protected. Always make sure that you never run more than on one anti-virus or firewall, because they will clash.



I know AOL provides McAfee VirusScan Plus for free, but that does not mean it will check your PC for Mcafee security center.



Your registry may be damaged and neither iolo nor AOL can find traces of the programs in your Windows registry, so this does not mean that the programs are not installed on your system.

No comments:

Post a Comment