Sunday, October 4, 2009

My laptop keeps on freezing the cursor won't move, is it a virus problem or is my laptop broken

I've had my laptop for about 3 years, i've reformated it a month ago. so far it has frozen during: antivirus scanning (Avast, Trend Micro HouseCall, Kaspersky), Auslogical DiskDefrag, RF Online, and Microsoft System Restore.



My laptop keeps on freezing the cursor won't move, is it a virus problem or is my laptop broken?moto guzzi



the processor or the Ram could in theory be affected by age or a virus and this would then cause your laptop to freeze. 3 years is old for a laptop as they can't be upgraded like dektops can and are generally slower. You can try deactivating all none essential programs and then virus scanning the computer. It coulkd also be a virus embedded in the software u install possibly due to corruption or by a third party



My laptop keeps on freezing the cursor won't move, is it a virus problem or is my laptop broken?norton internet security 2008



I hope you dont have all of those antivirus scanners on your laptop at the same time, because they will fight and cause problems!



try running chkdsk, open my computer right click on your hard drive and click properties, click tools, click check now, check both boxes and re-boot your system.



this will rectify any bad sectors which could cause the laptop to freeze
if your laptop is new then you mast be afraid virus and if not then the laptop
Check the task manager Ctrl+Alt+Del to see if anything odd is running. A virus could block a scan from running. If all the other system features work it could be a virus.
I'll recommend that you try to uninstall the the anti-virus programs because they fight each other. You MUST only install one anti-virus program and if you install more than one you will always going to face this issue.
it might b a virus cuz a 3 year old laptop doesnt break all of a sudden. my advice is take it to the local best buy geek squad.
can you bring up task manager? ctrl%26gt;Alt%26gt;Del



if so, go to the processes tab and see what is using 100% of the processor.



can you hear the hard drive making any noise?

No comments:

Post a Comment