Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I'm unable to open my local drives(C:\,D;\,etc.).It says 'System cannot find C:\'.Ple

But when I type 'c:\' or so in the address bar , I can actually access the drive(s).I'm able to open other files,programs ,etc.Currently I started a virus scan using avast! version 4.7.It found some Virus/malware by the name amvo0.dll and .exe , amvo1.dll.I had also unplugged the network cable but then plugged it when I could access drives from the address bar.



The problem-I cannot navigate to my drives with a click from "My Computer"



I'm unable to open my local drives(C:\,D;\,etc.).It says 'System cannot find C:\'.Please read more details!suzuki



Step 1: Make sure that you have an up to date antivirus program. If you don't, install AVG. You should only have one antivirus program. (If you need to uninstall your antivirus, use RevoUninstaller)



Step 2: Visit the Google Pack website, and use it to download Spyware Doctor.



Step 3: Download and install ThreatFire.



Step 4: Make sure to use Mozilla's Firefox from here on out. Also, install the Adblock Plus and NoScript add-ons for it.



Step 5: Make sure that you have a firewall program on your computer. If you don't, install Comodo.



Step 6: Turn off System Restore, and restart in safe mode



Step 7: Run scans will the programs above.



This is just a quick summary of what you should do. For other recommended programs, and their optimal settings, visit my guide on the matter. http://prometechus.blogspot.com/2007/09/... FEEL FREE TO IM ME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.

No comments:

Post a Comment