Thursday, October 8, 2009

I downloaded a codec from a wma song from limewire! Help!?

Ok, I downloaded a song from limewire that was in wma format. I tried to open it in the windows media player and it said I needed a codec. I've downloaded real codecs before, so I thought this was just like that. I downloaded the codec and almost immediately I got popups. (This was last night) This morning, I turned on the comp and about 40-something internet explorer windows pop up. I decided then to run my anti-virus sofware, which is avast. Right now it's running and has already found 4 different trojan horses. One of them said this: Win32:Trojano-2873 [Trj]. Can someone help me remove this??



I downloaded a codec from a wma song from limewire! Help!?norton



Ouch.. Should've got your codecs from http://www.free-codecs.com/



You need to scan your PC with AVG, do a full system scan with updated database for virus/trojan definitions and remove all infections.

No comments:

Post a Comment