Sunday, October 4, 2009

AT&T antivirus slows down my PC?

When i installed the AT%26T antivirus/spyware it slowed my dvd shrink program were it takes forever to burn a movie, however once i uninstalled the AT%26T virus/spyware the dvd shrink program resumed at the normal fast speed. This is only with AT%26T because when i use Avast or AVG i don't have this problem. Does anyone know why AT%26T does that? Is there something i haven't done with the AT%26T antivirus that needs to be changed in order to avoid this?



AT%26T antivirus slows down my PC?antivirus downloads



I've never had AT%26T but I know some of the big name "all-in-one" packages can be big resource hogs, like norton, because of all the programs are bundled together - AV, spyware, etc... and they running at once and its usually all in the background sucking up all your resources.



I would stick with AVG or Avast! and use a spy ware checker like spybot seach and destroy and leave AT%26T alone, unless you really want to use AT%26T, although the free ones (AVG, Avast! and AntiVir are just as good)

No comments:

Post a Comment