Thursday, October 1, 2009

Which is the best anti virus software out of all of these?

AVG, Anti-Vir, AVAST, Bitdefender, or Kaspersky



Which is the best anti virus software out of all of these?nortin



My opinion is: get McAfee :)



Which is the best anti virus software out of all of these?pc security



My opinion: Don't get McAfee.
Kaspersky.
avast have used it for 8 yrs



with xoftspy 6 yrs



and noadware 5yrs



no problems
AVG
I have Avast on my desktop and AVG on my laptop, I'm getting updates from AVG more often.
Avast is free for home use, very stable, reliable, and doesn't eat up system resources as much as McAfee or Symantec.



Lots of people like AVG. I have yet to try it, but it often gets high marks in reviews. Like Avast, it has a fully functional free version for home users.



The free edition of BitDefender is very limited in that it doesn't provide real-time virus scanning. If you decide on this one buy the Standard edition.



Kaspersky only offers a 30 day trial and no free solution.



I would definitely go with Avast or AVG.



As jibberjabbar pointed out, http://www.av-comparatives.org/ is a very good site. Although I'm not sure I agree with his interpretation of the results. Regardless they are all very good AV Suites. The test preformed by AV-Comparatives are tough tests. In all likely hood any one of them will provide a sufficient amount of detection and protection for virus and trojans. You still will need to get an anti-spyware product if not included with your AV suite.
I personally don't run anti-virus because the virus definitions greatly slow down the performance of you computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment