Thursday, October 1, 2009

Vista Home premium startup problem - explorer.exe ?

When i startup the PC (Philips freevents MT6000) and login i only get displayed :-



1) Black screen (No task bar, desktop icons or wallpaper)



2) Only a window of "My Documents" folder.



I can run explorer.exe manually from the documents window but is there any way of fixing the problem.



- I have tried reverting to an earlier restore point which didn't solve the problem.



- I have scanned for viruses with avast and none were found.



- And i have added a shortcut to explorer.exe to my startup folder and the problem still exists.



Please can someone help me solve this?



Thanks.



Barnsey313.



Vista Home premium startup problem - explorer.exe ?free antivirus download



The only advice I can give is to reformat your HD. You have done a lot of work to fix the problem, and nothing helped. so I think you shyould reformat your HD, or take the computer to a Tech Shop.



Vista Home premium startup problem - explorer.exe ?internet security



Likely cause is an incorrect setting in the registry setting that tells Windows which shell to start upon login (explorer.exe) - Mine had a reference to another shell, details on how to fix are here:



http://forums.microsoft.com/Te... Report It

No comments:

Post a Comment