Tuesday, October 6, 2009

NEED HELP ASAP internet failed lol?

it started when my avast anti virus detected a trojan and gave me the option to abort connection .... after i pressed that the net stopped working .... for good ... i reset my pc but the net still wont work, i tried going to control panel but it still wont tell me whats wrong



i reset my connection but that made things worst, it now asks me for a password to connect ... i have broadband



im really baffled, proxy settings are turned off so i dont know what the problem is, i tried resetting my modem but its still messed up



T_T ..... anyone have any clue what happened??



NEED HELP ASAP internet failed lol?internet security



Do a system restore and reset your settings to a day or so prior to when things went wrong. I have to ask you though why you think you have made things worse because it WILL ask for your password because you reset the system, just type in your normal password, the one you use for your E-Mail account and presumably you will be allowed back online. I'm assuming that you are in the UK but anyway, it would be difficult to give a specific diagnosis without more information the only other thing I can suggest is try contacting your ISP Best of luck.



NEED HELP ASAP internet failed lol?network security



A suggestion really. If I had your problem I would throw away AVG and the Broadband software AND perhaps re-install Windows again.



In other words try and get back to a clean operating system and would hope you have already backed everything up before hand.



Resetting the Broadband modem is correct- did you do this by powering the unit off or sticking a pin into the rear (usually) recessed) button on the rear of the unit? Do both- why mess around you have a problem to solve!
scan again in safe mode
avast blocked all internet access, now when you were trying to get it back, you cleared your modem which then made it so that you had to enter the original email and passcode you entered when you got your internet service...

No comments:

Post a Comment