Thursday, October 1, 2009

My Toshiba laptop won't turn on..?

Yesterday, I had some problems trying to view a video, the page kept saying, your security settings won't allow Active X to load properly, you won't be able to see the page. I know this page is safe, I watch videos off of it all the time at work.



So I tried changing security settings, and it wouldn't let me go under Medium, I shut off my anti virus which is Avast and it still was not working I tried everything.



So I tried to restart it, well now it won't come back on, when I hit the power button it the lights turn on, I see the black Windows screen where it is loading, and yesterday the fan would come on really loud and then it would just shut off. And it would restart again, I would see the Windows screen and it would just shut off again.



I have tried unplugging it, I took out the battery and put it back in to see if that would help. I don't know what I did. Can somone please help me?



My Toshiba laptop won't turn on..?free spyware



it sounds like your operating system has been corrupted by a virus, you may have to format the hard drive and reinstall windows



My Toshiba laptop won't turn on..?live update



Sounds like you have a virus. I would try turning it on, and while it's turning on press F8 - that puts it into Safe Mode. Then run the following anti-virus program (free): http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/...



If you can't turn it on at all, I would contact the Geek Squad and have them help you: http://www.geeksquad.com/
hi you need recovery CDs and reinstall new windows.if you have recovery cds just put it in CD room and follow instructions.
try booting it to safe mode (keep pressing f8 when you boot) if it boots to safe mode and doesn't shut off, see if you can change your settings back or just simply boot again and start pressing f8 again and select system recovery. set the date back a few days and try booting normally.

No comments:

Post a Comment