Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A reliable free AntiVirus program?

I know there aren't a lot of good 'free' things out there nowadays, because not much of anything is free. It's understandable, but I'm out of work right now, and don't want to shell out a ton of money that I can't spare at the time.



My computer comes with a Norton Internet Security trial, but it's only for a month or two. I've found that Norton products are huge resource hogs.



I'm running on Vista Home Premium, and hopefully most of the free Antivirus software has been updated to run with Vista. I have come across these Antivirus programs that some people recommend:



AVG Anti-Virus and Avast! Antivirus. People seem to go back and forth with these companies. Some say one is bad and the other is good, and some say the other is bad and the other is good. I'm sure there are some other free AntiVirus programs out there, and I'm open to suggestions on those. I've also read about "Avira"...but haven't really heard of that one.



A reliable free AntiVirus program?free anti virus



Have used AVGfree for years and never had a problem, I would highly recommend it.



Friends of mine who sell new computers do not load the Norton trial but go straight to AVG



A reliable free AntiVirus program?internet security software

No comments:

Post a Comment