Thursday, October 1, 2009

Im looking for an antivirus..?

I currently have AVG 7.5 FREE and I am happy with it. I've been wondering though on its effectiveness. Does anyone know of a antivirus that is free and has a nice interface? I tried avast and anti-vir and didnt like their interfaces. I installed a free 90 day trial of Microsoft's Windows LiveOneCare and I love the interface but its not free. Im not in the position to buy it. Does anyone know of a AV with a OneCare type interface and free?



Also answer if I really do NEED an antivirus. I use my computer for school and gaming. I have antispyware programs which i will keep. I use windows firewall. Thanks!



Im looking for an antivirus..?network security



I would say, yes you DO need an antivirus. If you wonder if it's doing it's job, then go to Panda or Housecall (by trendmicro) and do an "online scan" (Symantec (Norton)) also has one (a free online scan). .



so you can get a 2nd opinion. .



who cares what the interface on AVG looks like? If it's free and doing it's job, you never have to mess with it. . just let it run!



My two cents.



(btw, I hope that the anti-spyware programs you are using are Spybot Search and Destroy, Lavasoft AdAware SE Personal and Spywareblaster (from Javacoolsoftware.com).



If you aren't using those, I would highly recommend it.



Also good and free is Ewido

No comments:

Post a Comment