Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I got this message today?

I got a message from another user, %26lt;I should not find any viruses at all, unless the hard drive is formated using the quick option. Use "full format".%26gt;



So will i run into a viruse using quick format or not, some tells me not to use quick format and just stick with stander format.



I got the hard drive put in in 2005 and had never been reformatted, and now it starts to get slow on me most of the time my programs will stop responding or open slow and i just scan it last night for virus and non was found i belive Avast is good but at the end of the scan it shows things that is unable to scan like a file is corrupted, so when i got the message today that I should not find any viruses at all, unless the hard drive is formated using the quick option so to make it good, do i just go with the stander format



I got this message today?computers



It's probably not a virus - try defragmenting your drive first.



Formatting won't cause a virus, but quick formatting doesn't actually format the drive, it just erases the directory structure. A full format actually formats (rewrites all of) the drive. Since you're doing the format from a CD (you can't format the drive you booted from - Windows doesn't allow that), there's no virus *running* when you format the drive so, if there's a virus on the drive, a full format erases it.

No comments:

Post a Comment