Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Why won't my computer boot up? Service pak 2?

Problem. I have to use an old Toshiba laptop with an early version of XP with service pak 1. When I downloaded and installed service pak 2 it refuses to open windows. To add to my woes, somehow all my restore points are wiped out. I booted in Safe mode but my internection connection wont work. So I manually removed all the secuity updates through control panel. Now I can get windows to run, and connect to the internet.



So you may ask why did I try to update? I have these pop ups that say the are "messenger service" and that I have serious registry errors and that I needed to go to a specic site and download their registry cleaner etc. etc. I realize I have serious security issues if these buggers are popping up and I have a pop up blocker installed. (Google) Unfortunately, I am using AVAST which I just read is the worst antivirus rated by PC Magazinne, HELP



In frustration I tried to reformat using the disc that came with the cumputer and it won't do diddly when I do.



Why won't my computer boot up? Service pak 2?house call



Service pack 2 was delivered in two versions. One was for those who had SP1, and one was for those who had no SP1. It seems that you had got the wrong version of SP2. If possible uninstall SP1 and then install SP2.



Why won't my computer boot up? Service pak 2?matchless

No comments:

Post a Comment