Sunday, September 20, 2009

I need anti virus help?

i don't have enough computer systems informations. I just know my pc has Avast antivirus progam and Spybot search%26destroy. Eventhough when i download a file from a friend , my settings says "antivirus check could not finish" What should i do? Is my pc in danger? Everybody says different antivirus program for example one of my friends recommended to download this "http://www.yousendit.com/download/2gvKw... from www.nod32.com



What should i do , whome i trust :(



I need anti virus help?vista



It seems that your Avast antivirus program is not working properly, if it cannot finish the scan. And yes, that would put your PC in danger. As other people have said, one of the best free anti-virus programs is Grisoft AVG Free Edition, which you can download at http://free.grisoft.com/. Spybot Search%26Destroy is good for an antispyware scanner, but this still leaves you without a firewall - another security essential. If you're willing to pay for a commercial anti-virus program, you can always get one bundled with a firewall, like Norton Internet Security (a virus-scan, firewall, anti-spyware, and anti-phishing bundle). But if you want to use as much free software as possible you can keep AVG and buy a standalone firewall, such as McAfee Personal Firewall Plus. I don't recommend trying a free firewall program as most of them are not as effective as commercial versions (i.e. they filter only incoming, not outgoing traffic), unlike free anti-virus programs which can be as good as the paid ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment