Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Inspiron 1521 slows down until unplugged?

I have an inspiron 1521 that I got a few weeks ago.



I haven't done any troubleshooting yet, I figured I would



I'm using winamp, msn messenger, firefox, avast, and zonealarm.



While the computer is plugged into the wall (and on high performance power plan) after a while the whole computer will become very sluggish until I unplug the computer, at which point the speed returns to normal.



I was just wondering before doing troubleshooting if this is a known vista issue, dell issue, or even laptop issue.



I've mastered the desktop, but I'm still learning laptops.



Thanks



-Simba



Inspiron 1521 slows down until unplugged?norton 360



Never heard of this problem before but



Here are two things I can say :



The latest version of zone alarm will take a huge amount of memory to run. If you purchase zone alarm and have all the features, It will automatically check for spyware and do a virus scan once in a while. It might actually wait until you have plugged in your laptop to run the virus scan which would explain why your pc becomes slow.



Also, vista could turn into a better quality setting if you are plugged in and go to a lower setting if you unplug to make your battery last.

No comments:

Post a Comment