Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What is the best free antivirus program?

That means free (no mcafee, no norton) and antivirus (no ad-aware or windows defender which I already have).



These are the top options I know about, but I want opinions on which is best. Really what I want is the one that hogs the computer the least yet is still good at virus detection.



- Avira Antivir - might be best overall, haven't tried yet



- AOL Active Virus Shield (tops with respect to virus detection but may hog the computer more than others)



- Avast - seems to be popular but I've heard not so great things about it



- AVG - heard it has an out of date interface, etc.



What is the best free antivirus program?cafe racer



AVG Free Edition.



It is still working on my computer, and updates the virus file every time.



What is the best free antivirus program?free anti virus



yahoo has the best antivirus program
I use AVG and haven't had any problems.
AVG Anti virus is one of the best free anti virus available. Go to www.download.com and then download dree version of avg anti virus
i use AVG Free and the interface is pretty good. I get updates every 1-3 days.
AVG rules! Did we all say it was free? it IS!



this is a free lunch until they start charging......



Also, download firefox as your browser, less viruses to attach to your computer than through IE!
I have Avast and like it..,does the trick for my computer..,,i have a laptop.
These are free and they work:

No comments:

Post a Comment