Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I got a virus warning when I wanted to instal msgr8 : Win32:Trojan-gen. {Other} what now ?

I downloaded the install file after an unknown person invited me. I downloaded the file from yahoo canada and Avast reported a virus warning (Win32:Trojan-gen. %26#123;Other%26#125;) Then I went to Yahoo US, overwrote the instal file, and got the same viruswarning again. what now ?



I got a virus warning when I wanted to instal msgr8 : Win32:Trojan-gen. %26#123;Other%26#125; what now ?hijack this



I know this isn't the answer your wanting but the same happened to me but I downloaded the file from Yahoo.com. I use Avast anti-virus program. I'm just glad I'm not the only one. My computer has not shown symptoms of a virus except when I try to install Msgr



I got a virus warning when I wanted to instal msgr8 : Win32:Trojan-gen. %26#123;Other%26#125; what now ?liveupdate



Be cautious when accepting files from someone you dont know.



You can find the removal instructions for the virus here



http://www.mcse.ms/archive178-2004-11-12...



Alternatively you can visit TrendMicro at http://www.antivirus.com to avail of their free viruscan to hopefully remove the virus.



If the above instructions fail, if you are running windows XP, try using the system restore utility to restore your system state to an earlier time.



Otherwise, maybe its time to reinstall windows on your PC. Ask a technician's help to do it :).
Gee, maybe you shouldn't install that file.

No comments:

Post a Comment