Sunday, September 20, 2009

It's good mcafee?anti-virus?

which is better than it?don't tell me about norton or avast because they s*ck!



It's good mcafee?anti-virus?virus protection



Hello. Personally i used AVG free for my workstations. It works fine for me. I think all the antiviruses available now will tend to slow down our machine if it has not enough RAM (%26lt;128MB). But AVG works almost unnoticably in the background on my old machines.



You can try Norman Virus Control which also gives good protection.



And I've left McAffee and Norton weeks ago. because with the real-time scanning activated, i can do nothing with my PC. (Big slow down). even reaching my start menu would take me for ages. :)



Best Regards,



heihadji



It's good mcafee?anti-virus?agv



Mcafee is fine, Norton is a terrible resource hog and the most annoying interface I have ever seen.



The choice is up to you, I have no real problems with any of them EXCEPT norton.
Mcafee is notorious for slowing down your machine, especially when browsing the web. Try the free anti-virus http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/...



Free AVG from grisoft
I was a Computer Science major, and am now an Information Technologies Major (double majoring in Mathematics as well) at FSU. And from all of my internships, classes, etc...I have found Norton to be the best. Why you say it sucks? I don't know. They have more command stations around the globe tracking viruses and updating the definitiosn ASAP. McAffee has been known to cause MANY problems and software conflicts than any other program. When I worked in a computer repair shop over the summer, I found that McAffee caused around half of the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment