Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Restrictions on certain things?

I booted up my pc and pressed ctrl alt del to get to the Task Manager and a message popped up saying this has been restricted by the system administrator..



I am the administrator and im on the administrative account..



I doubt some one in my family did it because they are all computer stupid..



Also my control Panel button is gone..And when i right click the desktop and hit Properties i get the same restrictions message...



I have had a virus for a few weeks that i havent been able to get rid of.



The main one goes by the name of VirtuMonde..I dont know what it is but ive ran Avast, Spybot, Adaware,aSquared, and even a Microsoft One Saftey Scanner but it is still there...



Could this virus put the restrictions?



Some of the symptons of the virus are continous pop ups even when IE is closed...



Please help..any info is greatly appreciated...



My last resort is going to have to be reformatting(fdisking or erasing) my hard drive and starting from scratch)



Restrictions on certain things?computer protection



Some malware wil change your browser and/or system settings. Go to www.superantispyware.com, download the free trial (fully functional, no need to purchase it to actually remove detected malware) do an update and run a scan. After the scan is done go to preferences, repairs and perform them as needed (if you wish you can do all of them).



Stay away from Microsoft security products. They have a really poor track record.



Restrictions on certain things?free antivirus download



In that case go to some of the websites that offer more sophisticated help (for free of course).



My two favorites are



http://www.wilderssecurity.com...



http://www.dslreports.com/foru...



Good luck! Report It

No comments:

Post a Comment