Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I have a windows 98 the D drive to play cd's or My A: floppy is not working?

Is it corrupt or is this a motherboard thing? When I go under my computer I don't see the D drive mentioned. The floppy A is there but when I put in a floppy I get an error message. It use to be there under "my Computer"



the error message on the CD-Rom is:There is no CD-ROM player attached to this computer. CD player can not start. I always had it before. I have used the cd to install printers and play music. I have used the A drive "floppy" to copy a resume. What is up? could a AVAST virus scan remove stuff like that? I have also ran Bitdefender. Where oh where has my D %26 A drive. GONE!!!!!!!



I have a windows 98 the D drive to play cd's or My A: floppy is not working?husqvarna



1st I would check the BIOS to ensure it hasn't corrupted, enter that on power on when it should give you an option to enter 'Set-Up'.



Check under DRIVES to see if the CD is listed (you might need to 'scan' to find it)



Then check to see that the floppy has not been disabled.



Other than that - does the Floppy led come one and give a few turns when a floppy disc is inserted?



Does the CD spin when a CD is inserted and also when first powered up?



If not then the power cable might have fallen off that supplies them, look inside, a large white connector (nylon) 4 pin (about 1" wide) for the CD and a smaller one likely for the floppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment