Saturday, June 19, 2010

Is there a vulnerability problem with AVG anti-virus program?

Hello everybody,



Recently I took my computer to be adjusted at a shop. They had to reformat and re-install everything....but when I went to collect it I noticed that they had put AVAST anti-virus. When I asked why they took off my AVG (which I like very much) the reply given was that there is a vulnerability problem with AVG.



Does anybody know about this or what it is?



Is there a vulnerability problem with AVG anti-virus program?antispyware



Haven't heard anything. They should really have consulted you before making such changes.



Is there a vulnerability problem with AVG anti-virus program?best antivirus software



AVG is vulnerable because it has one of the worst virus detection rates in the A-V industry. Look here for the latest tests:



http://www.av-comparatives.org/



Plain and simple, it doesn't detect enough malware!
The question is whether they charged you for AVAST. If so: there's your probable reason for making the change.
avg dosent remove all of the virus /adware etc



avast does also avast will do a boot scan click menu half way down schedual bootscan this is a more efective way to remove the crap



have used for 8 years and had no real problems with it 10 out of 10 avast
heya.not sure what they mean by vulnerability but i did get told the other day that if u use avg to often then it becomes weaker as such and will not always block viruses/spyware etc, so we installed something called superspyware which is meant to stop the majority of viruses and superware.x.
i AM amazed your computer is not fighting itself. All you need is to switch off windows firewall, if you want AV from ca security suite. Zone alarm, and that is it. Maybe spybot, but apart from that, if you have two fire walls, it slows up yer machine. there is no vunerability problem with AV,do not know where the G comes in, but it is four in the morning... it believe it or not, free as it is, is sponsered for a free year by, would you believe, the one and only shitheads, microsoft...get back on av. it is good, but Symantic Professional edition is better, but you would have to get a bootleg version from someone you know at a college or something, cause it costs money to buy. And if it protects 2.000 computers in a college, I think it will take care of yours. All these virus threates, are a bit similar to the terrorist propaganda. There to make money and scare. Who are you, one person, that important. I am one person, I am not that important, only to me, and my friends. Not to the whole ******* world.
I used the free version on my last computer. If I remember correctly, it didn't scan downloaded files and emails were only scanned if you used Outlook Express and maybe Outlook. And, yes, there is a vulnerability, link attached.
I've used AVG free version for years with no problems. It updates automatically. Does not seem to slow things down or deny access to the websites I use regularly. I also use an anti-spyware programme 'spybot' alongside AVG and update that regularly.
Never heard of such a problem.



Everyone I know uses AVG combined with Zonealarm and have had no problems whatsoever.
AVG is a great app go here http://www.techsupportalert.com/best_46_...



to find more info
No problems here.AVG + Spybot and it's sorted.

No comments:

Post a Comment