Saturday, June 19, 2010

I need urgent help?

according to my last question http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;...



my laptop is infected by virus. i guess that is why it is so slow. those virus i brought them back from the pc in my college via pen drive. now, i could not stop the pen drive every time i plug in. i have closed all the program and i do refresh it a few times. but i still x stop the device. so i have no choice. i have to take it out though i know it will harm my usb. due to this problem, what can i do? my laptop is harmed by virus now. i scan with avg, avast but they said no virus found. i sent files to my friend, once he opened it, virus detaction pop up. what could i do? do i need to format the whole laptop? my friend said it is not good to format laptop so often, is that true?



thank you very much



I need urgent help?adware



that is not true... i reinstall windows on my laptop every 6 months.. and my laptop runs fine.. i would suggest, that is if you dont want to reformat and reinstall, is to look for a better antivirus.. AVG is not the best. i would ask your friend what type of antivirus he has and try to get that. i recommend "Panda Antivirus 2008" but in short yes reinstalling windows after a reformat will work or possibly a system restore. try restoring your system to a date that you know you didnt have the virus. (start/programs/accessories/system tools/system restore) restoring your computer doesnt delete files but if the virus you have is merely an installed program, and it sounds like it is, then the restore will uninstall the program. and to speed up your computer a little get "Registry fix" that should help gain a little speed back. hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment