Saturday, June 19, 2010

Added antivirus and now my computer wont connect to the internet?

I recently added avast antivirus because my norton trial was expireing. Now my computer wont connect to the internet at all. I tried uninstalling the program but i still cant use the internet. any suggestions?



Added antivirus and now my computer wont connect to the internet?spyware



I hope you unistalled Norton before you installed Avast or this may be the source of your problem. If you didn't, try to uninstall it now then restart computer and see what happens.



If no luck, try uninstalling Avast and see if you can connect to the internet. If not try to reset computer to a restore point before you installed Avast (if restore is active on your computer) then uninstall Norton and then install Avast or maybe a different AV (just in case your systen doesn't like Avast for some reason).



If uninstalling Avast allows you to connect to the internet try installing different antivirus such as Comodo which is highly regarded. Just remember not to leave your computer exposed to the internet without antivirus for very long and never use more than one basic antivirus product at a time although there are a couple of special products intended to be used in combination!



I found a site with links to a number of other good free antivirus software products including Comodo at http://freeinternetsecuritysoftware.com/... the links for the 12 or so antivirus downloads are down the page a bit.



I hope this helps!



Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment