Saturday, June 19, 2010

I need help because I am trying to delete a file on my computer and it tells me that it is used by a

I downloaded a file and I can't get rid of it. I tried a virus check with Avast and also Adaware but nothing showed up. It keeps telling me that the file is used by another person or program.



The file is an EXE file that is 23.9MB.



I tried shutting down processes in the Windows Task Manager but nothing helped. I can't figure this one out. Any ideas would help.



Thanks so much...



I need help because I am trying to delete a file on my computer and it tells me that it is used by a program.?viruses



You can try restarting your computer, but if this doesn't help...



http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/



This file will unlock the file and allow it to be deleted. Hak.5 -watch the vids...know the know



I need help because I am trying to delete a file on my computer and it tells me that it is used by a program.?antispam



There is a good chance it is not spyware, but simply a program running. Does it have an icon on the lower right shortcut? If so right click that and choose "exit".



There is an article giving more detail at http://ask-leo.com/how_can_i_find_out_wh...
You should post the name of the file. Maybe you are wrong and it is a system file that you need to have running.
run pc . in safemode %26gt; hit delete . from there
This is very common. When I download a program an I delete from add/remove the primary file is still in my system. I know, because if I go to "start", =run, and type in: c://program files= left click on browser, left click on program files an all your programs will open. Now you look for the file by the name of the program and try and delete. If it say, "file is used by another program, unable to delete", all I do is reboot my pc and do the same process again an it will delete the entire file.

No comments:

Post a Comment