Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Windows firewall?

I have just reconnected my windows XP PC from a broadband to a new DSL connection.



I have avast free anti virus installed and windows firewall.I also have spybot,Windows Defender and adaware.



Will this suffice for security or should i install one of the free firewalls online e.g. zone or commodo



Windows firewall?house call



I don't care for the firewall that comes with xp I would recommend http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/ I have been using it since it first came out and haven't had too many problems with it.



Windows firewall?matchless



I recommend install another one. Zone alarm pro is the best i would say. The security in there is not of any good at all.



Anyway best of luck mate
I run Comodo alongside the hardware firewall in my router with no problems. Any review will tell you Windows firewall is very basic.
you shouldnt have two firewalls running as they conflict each other but i use commodo firewall as well as windows firewall and not had a problem and commodo firewall is very good not had a single problem with it
The major problem with Windows firewall is that it has no outbound application filtering. Should a trojan or another malware decide to "phone-home" to the attacker, Windows firewall would let it out without warning you. Not even a peep.

No comments:

Post a Comment