Wednesday, November 4, 2009

2001 toshiba,windows me?

Under add and remove programs, I have tryed to unstall mcafee,I now have Avast FREE. Mcafee is so embeded in toshibas version of me.I could find the file in my computer and mabe crash things, it still shows up in run- browse.poor mcafee -I want to be rid them and their warnings-I could re install the disk under costom install,but do not know if I can exclude mcafee and its hidden components.



2001 toshiba,windows me?computer virus



If you do a clean install, you should be able to unstall Mcafee without a hitch. If it doesn't, you may be stuck with the conflicts.



ME is really not an optimal OS though. If I were you, I would run a system check on your computer to see if it could handle XP.



If it can (and it may not being 2001), I would install an upgrade of XP Home, which would run you between 100 and 200 dollars, and give you a much better OS.



I also use Avast Free on one of my laptops. I love it...simple, stays out of the way...hopefully it is doing a good job...doesn't seem to have let anything slip through yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment