Wednesday, November 4, 2009

How Do I Remove IE Defender?

I was infected with this virus last night. I keep getting these pop-ups in IE that tell me I've been infected and then I am redirected to the IEDefender.com homepage. I have ran AVG Anti-Virus, Ad-Aware, Spyware Doctor, Spybot S%26D, Avast! Anti-Virus, Microsoft Defender, and my system comes up squeaky clean. I'm at wits end and I really don't want to have to resort to HiJackThis. I have Vista and I've tried searching for bDivX.dll and IR9V0_QCX.dll but with no luck. There was nothing in the registry, and I've scanned in Safemode as well. There is a free "removeIEDefender.exe" application that supposedly fixes the problem, but it isn't compatible with Windows Vista. HELP!



How Do I Remove IE Defender?download



It happened to me too...I'm using Vista. This is the problem file:



C:\Windows\System32\



IntelVideoDivX.dll



For me, the "date modified" on this file was exactly the time I got infected.



Just delete this bad file, or copy it to a memory stick and delete the file from the System32 folder. It worked for me and I haven't noticed any problems with any of my other applications (but I'll keep the IntelVideoDivX.dll file on a memory stick just in case).



Good luck.



How Do I Remove IE Defender?hijackthis

No comments:

Post a Comment