Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Help Appreciated, Windows Problem?

When I first boot up my computer, and everything in the system tray has loaded.



If I click on a program, my computer, firefox, music, anything!



It says I do not have the right privledges to access them.



I am the administrator, and I think a virus/reg file has caused this to happen, but i have scanned my computer with Spybot, Adaware and Avast.



Once I wait about 20 seconds. It comes good and everything works.



But thats not the point, it shouldnt come up with those messages in the first place.



Any Ideas to what could be causing this problem.



Only happens once first booted (from a cold start), and it has happened ever since I bought a $40 wireless USB PC Lock (Brand Name 'Laser'), Which I uninstalled and did a system restore because I think it is the cause of it!



Help much appreciated.



Help Appreciated, Windows Problem?live update



There may be a program that is running during startup that is causeing your computer to hang, try starting up in safe mode (f8 at boot) and see if it also occurs in safe mode... Than go from there, this is a tricky situation and there are many things that could cause this, I am just trying to point you in the right directioin.



Help Appreciated, Windows Problem?norten



Are you running Vista? I've had similar problems on Vista computers. It seems to be that on startup pretty much all the resources are used and it takes a short time for resources to become available to run programmes. I get messages saying the programme can't be found, a message cannot be displayed, something or other needs installing.



As with yourself, a few seconds later and everything is fine. Maybe your problem is similar in that Windows hasn't fully started up and you're trying to run commands that aren't yet active.



Excuse the lack of technical jargon, not a computer expert.

No comments:

Post a Comment