Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Computer is crashing when I run anti-virus, Why?

I run Avast! anti-virus and half way through the scan my computer shuts down and says "Windows cannot start at this time. It can be a software or hardware issue. Run from last configuration, start now, or something else...It's rather annoying and I would like to fix it without losing any data.



Computer is crashing when I run anti-virus, Why?nortan antivirus



It may have found a virus and tried to remove it. Start your computer up in Safe Mode (by hitting F8 during the boot process) and once in safe mode, rescan the computer for viruses. It should complete the scan.



Computer is crashing when I run anti-virus, Why?nortonantivirus



I had this problem a while back, i resulved this by having to do the following:



1) restart the computer



2) press F8



3) select "Safe Mode"



4) i then loged in as the administrator



5) i opened my anti-virus program and ran a scan, as this was in safe mode it doesnt restart your computer.



6) the anti-virus program should be able to complete the scan



6a) if it does not repeat then u most likly have a virus and it has gone into your system regestry, and changed something.



7) if the scan does complete then restart and let your computer boot the the log in screen( If you have it selected).

No comments:

Post a Comment