Wednesday, November 4, 2009

How can I delete .CAB files that are infected with a virus, even though the computer won't let

I several .CAB files that have Trojans in them, and when I use Avast antivirus, it won't let me move to chest, rename, delete, or repair the files. I've looked the files up manually and tried to delete them but my computer won't let me because it says 'file may be in use.' So I'm stuck with these viruses and no way to remove them because my computer won't let me. How do I delete these files?



How can I delete .CAB files that are infected with a virus, even though the computer won't let me?norten



Use the Windows recovery console. This page tells how to use it.



http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314058/e...



Use the del or delete command to get rid of the files.



How can I delete .CAB files that are infected with a virus, even though the computer won't let me?panda



You have a couple of options. First, run the XP Malware Removal Program that is an XP update. Second, try another antivirus program like AVG, which is free. Third, try a spyware/adware remover program. Finally if you cannot remove the files and can't restart the program, install Linux try SUSE or Ubuntu Linux,so your system is a dual boot (XP and Linux), login as "root" in Linux and you will be able to go into the Windows partition and do what you like with those infected files. I have copied the files, renamed the old ones something I can remember and inserted the clean files into the proper Windows folder. You then restart your computer, oot into Windows and the contaminated files will be deletable. Of course after you do this, you should keep Linux around just in case--probably you will get tired of farting around with Windows and switch to Linux.
you can try system restore. what it dose it your computer sets restore points at set times or when somehting major happens. so you want to pick a restore point that is before the time you got the trojans then restore(this is if you recently discovered them and/or dont mind deleting everytying you did back to a previous date)

No comments:

Post a Comment